Monday, January 11, 2016

My First Gameboy Cartridge

Hai.
I am going to TRY to talk about my first ever game cartridge. My first ever game cartridge was a pokemon gold cartridge for the gameboy colour:
















(btw it's probably counterfeit but it worked 10 years ago lol)

I got it when i was 4 or 5 by my relative. It came with a gameboy colour which was grey, but the battery leaked badly so i had to throw it away a few years ago. Here is what it looked like (the same model, i think from the internet):



It was actually pretty cool for the small fetus that i was to actually hold a screen at that time, it most likely have sparked my love for nintendo handhelds.

Thats all,
thank you!

(PS:I never did get to go out of the first town because I was a really smart kid and i was 4)

6 comments:

  1. Wow talk about classics. Yeah, back then piracy was still pretty rampant and it was difficult to differentiate to tell for the Gameboy and Gameboy Advance cartridges. I suppose the battery memory has died already by now? Counterfeit cartridges are known for using cheap lousy batteries for memory.

    I have the Silver one somewhere at home. My GBC was original purple and I bought them when I was....17? I remember it was just in time to bring to army. Not sure if the save file is still there, but I remember having all 251 in it and my main competitive team was Snorlax, Steelix, Poliwrath, Misdreavus, Umbreon and Dragonite. It was a Baton Pass team with One Hit KO set up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Mr Teng I didn't know you played pokemon. I play pokemon in minecraft and my team is Dragonite, Mewtwo, Shiny Suicune, Rayquaza, Moltres and Articuno or Lugia

      Delete
    2. Wow Mr Teng I didn't know you played pokemon. I play pokemon in minecraft and my team is Dragonite, Mewtwo, Shiny Suicune, Rayquaza, Moltres and Articuno or Lugia

      Delete
    3. i actually used to play gen one cause i borrowed from my cousin lol. In blue i would spam the use of scyther cause critical hits were determined by the speed stat. With slash he was pretty good, alakazam was broken too. And i hated the link cable cause it always broke lol.

      Delete
  2. Yes you were a small fetus hehe:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you were a small fetus hehe:D

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.